Monday, February 10, 2014

Test Drive | International Wedding Photographer

Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Monday, Lovelies!

This weekend was a BLAST!  Cold and I’m bummed that I missed out on shooting in the snow by about 30 minutes.  But, I got to shoot some awesome couples!

I had a great time shooting the couple below!  They are planning a 2015 destination wedding in Jamaica…. haute! 

Destination weddings can be a TON of fun, but planning out-of-country photography can be difficult.  Here are some of the pros and cons of hiring a local photographer to travel to your wedding.

1. Pro: Signing a contract with an out-of-country photographer means you will be reliant on the laws of the home country.  If, God forbid, something happens, you will be reliant on the home country courts of your out-of-country photographer and travel to the country to seek repayment of the contract.  Happy Honeymoon!

2. Pro: It is difficult to meet with out-of-country photographers before your wedding.  I offer test drives, so not only am I available to grab coffee and talk about what brides and grooms want, this couple and I were able to do a test drive before the wedding.

3. Con: You must also pay for travel and accommodations for your photographer.

4.  Con: Local photographers may know the best locations to shoot.  Most photographers like me, are so excited to shoot that we have camera in hand as the plane lands to find those secret locations!

5. Pro: Style.  Many American photographers have a certain “American” style.  I love how our style is romantic, natural, and not heavily processed.  There seem to be different styles from different countries.  Make sure you enjoy the style of photographs and the processing!  

6. Pro: Delivery of the goods.  I love-love-love to spoil my clients.  Sure, they are able to immediately download photos from their online gallery, but I also like to send them goodies as they prepare for their big day and a DVD of their images when we’re done.  I can only image importing a canvas from some place like Fiji!

So, so sorry for taking you away from the warm beaches of Fiji and Dominican Republic, but here is my test drive with the lovely lovebirds in chilly Virginia!

More test drives on the way tomorrow!


0 Haute Comments Posted:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...