Thursday, January 22, 2015

Matthew + Mary MARRIED | Solomons Island, Maryland Photographer

Thursday, January 22, 2015
Hello, Lovelies!

Before, I explained how much I love love.  It may be because of my backstory—a little sad.  My relationship with my daughter’s father ended after nearly 5 years.  We were like two puzzle pieces that didn’t fit, our relationship spiraled down to a bitter end, and during our split, he told me I would never find someone who loved me. 

I kind of believed him.  I’m a workaholic with quirks like a love for PBS historical documentaries, cheesy Americanized Mexican food, <<-- bad puns, Alaskan politics, 1990s country music… but here’s the magical thing about love, it is so amazing because your partner loves you BECAUSE of your quirks, not in spite of them.

For me, the best weddings are those where you can see this I-can’t-stop-myself-from-loving-you kind of love. 

… when the groom knows eyes are on him, but he eagerly peeks around heads to glimpse his bride entering the church. 
… when she gets to the end of the aisle and with trembling hand, reaches out for his, and holds on tightly like she’s on a rollercoaster. 
… when he reads his vows and pauses, mentally thanking God for this woman before him, and wipes away a tear.
… at the reception, when they hold one another, let the music wash over them, and sing with their new spouse.

That’s a beautiful love sickness.  That’s Mary and Matthew.

Ceremony: Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church (see here)
Reception: Mary's Hope (see here)










































0 Haute Comments Posted:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...