Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dream Vacation: Assateague | Virginia Photographer

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Hello, Lovelies!

Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite places in the world: Assateague Island.

Assateague is just down the beach from Ocean City, MD.  It has amazing beaches, wild horses, and campsites for cheap.  Assateague was the perfect location for our family vacation, and we had planned staying at Assateague for our honeymoon.

If you are planning on staying at Assateague, there are a couple of things to consider. 

1. The state park is where it is at!  I lived around and worked at a national park.  In my head, I thought the national park has to be better than the state park!  Well, "better" is in the eye of the beholder.  If you consider running water "better," you might consider the state park "better."

2. Bugs!  There are lots of bugs.  Consider a campsite close to the ocean (wind) for less bugs and pack bug spray.

3. The horses are wild!  They bite!  Put your food away because the horses wonder through camp.

I highly recommend that you check out Assateague for your family or romantic getaway.  Get ready to soak your toes in the sand, relax, and enjoy.  I hope to be back soon!








0 Haute Comments Posted:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...