Monday, February 2, 2015

Use the Good China | Maryland Wedding Photographer

Monday, February 2, 2015
Hello, Lovely!

** This post may seem scattered.  The tie in with the photos and post is to enjoy life and what is making me joyful.  Hopefully, not too far of a stretch! **

This weekend my husband cooked a great brunch while I cleaned.  As we sat down with our three little ones, we realized: dun, dun, dun.  No napkins.  That’s a big deal when you have kids as messy as we do.  I have some antique, hand-embroidered napkins I inherited from my grandmother; should we use them?

My first response to using said napkins was- NO!  (see: “when you have kids as messy as we do.”)  Well, my grandmother had a great saying when she was being too fancy for the occasion: “I’m not going to save the good stuff for his second wife.”  Ha!  I love my grandmother’s sassy sayings!

So, we pulled down the antique, hand-embroidered napkins to eat with our eggs and bacon. Ketchup and all.


Left: Fireworks on Christmas Eve in Alaska with my father in shorts, per usual.
Right: Day with my great friend and daughter's godmother, J.  Gosh, they are both so beautiful!

Here’s the thing about the good china, your future fancy event isn’t guaranteed.  You don’t know tomorrow will come.  You don’t know that you’ll have two pennies to rub together for the aged steak dinner.  You don’t know that your handsome hubby or adorable kids will be there to enjoy the lobster.

What I do know, however, is that when you use the good china on an average Tuesday night, your average Tuesday night becomes something special.  Your kids sit straighter.  You reach for your husband’s hand and hold it tightly.  You almost want to say, “Pass the ketchup, Jeeves, please.”


Baby A in front of the fire in a mail box.

For me, Grandkids, I hope to enjoy your parents, grandfather and you so much that all you have to inherit are my brown eyes that turn green as you get older and ketchup-stained napkins.  I don’t launder as well as your great-great grandmother. 

1 Haute Comments Posted:

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a sweet post. i loved this, eddie.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...